An expert at distillation and brewing. Via chemical and magical means you are able to unlock the potential of natural substances and combine them to create power effects. Nothing is beyond your means, so long as you’re able to find sufficiently powerful ingredients.
You’ll start with a Recipe Book (bulky) which holds your potion recipes. If you obtain Spells or Rituals in the future, this book also acts as a Grimoire which can store magic.
Create two potion recipes to start with, you have 3 Vials of each of those potions already brewed.
A potion is a liquid substance consumed or applied in some way to create a magical effect.
You can distill plants, minerals, animal parts, and other ingredients into potion components. With the necessary components, you can brew doses of any potion whose recipe you know.
With time and effort you can develop new potion recipes. Explain the desired effects along with the proposed recipe. A potion recipe must contain at least two dissimilar components along with a brewing process. Brewing will usually take at least an hour and will produce 3 doses of the potion.
Any potion effect is possible, but the required components and process may be esoteric or prohibitive.
The GM will tell you if it will work, or if one or more more of the following are true:
- It will require one or more additional components.
- It requires a laborious, time consuming, or difficult to achieve brewing process.
- It takes a large amount of raw materials to produce a single dose.
- It creates an unstable, volatile potion that must be used quickly or lose its efficacy.
- The process is uncertain, and the final effect will depend on a random roll.
- It will have an unintended side effect when consumed.
Spend 2 XP to unlock your first Advanced Ability. Each subsequent Advanced Ability’s cost increases by two. (2 XP → 4 XP → 6 XP → 8 XP).
- Dungeon Delicatessen: You always know the best way to break down and prepare any creature for the safest and tastiest dining experience. When you cook and eat a monster organ temporarily gain a lessened version of an associated trait or ability. Lasts until you eat your next meal.
- Fine Palate: You are (optionally) immune to the effects of anything you imbibe, and can identify all ingredients it contains.
- Homebrewer: You can brew alcoholic beverages with mild potion effects. Beverage recipes require only one component plus a fermentable (grain, fruit, sugar, etc.).
- Complex Compounding: You can produce non-liquid potions that take the form of solids or gasses.